Thursday, April 16, 2009

How time flies...


We have just had the sunniest Easter break. Easter is a wonderful holiday here, it's Autumn, so still pretty sunny, but without the oppressive Summer heat & lovely cool nights. Easter for us also is now birthday time. Hugo was born on the 9th of April last year, so this year his birthday fell the Thursday immediately prior to the Easter break. One! I can hardly believe how quickly the year has flown by! We got together with Granny Ruth, Grandad Bill & a few friends at the local park for a picnic & a play.
Young Poppy who was there is 22 months old, the most gorgeous little girl with the biggest brown eyes & wearing the sweetest dress with orange, hot pink & purple flowers over it, she just looked edible. Now that 'Fusty' is finished, I took one look at Poppy, instantly remembered some Alpaca yarn in the stash that would match the dress & felt very compelled to design something just for Poppy. I am thrilled with the result, finished in just two days. I am now in the process of writing the pattern up to publish & when I get the Shrug to Poppy I will get pictures of her in her matching outfit, in the meantime you can enjoy my work modelled by my bruiser Hugo (he is so NOT going to be happy in future years at these pic's getting out). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment