Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pretty as a Poppy

I had the lovely wee Miss Poppy here a couple of days ago & I was able to give her the wee shrug. Mum was organised & made sure she was wearing the dress that inspired the garment & I have to say I am thrilled, she looks gorgeous!

I have had a great week getting projects finished & new ones started, I am finishing off Poppy's sleeping bag, an amalgam of knitting & weaving & have just cast on a pair of socks in a Merino/Alpaca/Merino blend that we have just had come through the factory - delicious!
I love this time of year, because the days in general are lovely & the evenings cool, so you really feel like curling up & ripping out the sticks. The best part is when it rains, ahhh, put on a movie & knit, knit, knit. I love the Harry Potter series for this especially, as there are plenty of hand knits & I never get sick of seeing the films.
Last night we watched 'The Water Horse'. A story about the origins of the Loch Ness monster set in the early 1940's. A lovely family story, filmed in the most part in New Zealand, so filled with familiar faces. I have 'Second Hand Wedding' ready to be watched, another Kiwi film, perfect for sock knitting I feel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment