Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Is there something in the air?

Martin & Sarah multi tasking!

I love to get people talking, especially about knitting. This week is World Knit in Public week & today our Hawkes Bay Knitters are braving the rain & cold, sitting proud at the front of our local bakery (Heavens on Emerson Street) proudly showing off our own knitting prowess.
I too have been beating the knitting drum (with a knitting needle of course!) on local radio. The Classic Hits 89.5FM breakfast team of Martin & Sarah embarked on a scarf knitting challenge after Sarah lamented at not being able to find a good warm wool scarf. I was hastily dispatched to there aid to assist them with yarn, lessons & a challenge - who can knit the best scarf. Two weeks later Martin came out the victor & Sarah graciously auctioned her scarf on Trade Me to raise money for the SPCA. It's amazing how some so simple gets people talking about knitting & many have been inspired to pick the needles back up again after a long absence.



Max proudly wears Sarah's scarf
Complete with 'Lace' (holes) & colour work (coffee stains)

I have also been interviewed in the past couple of weeks by Genny Stevens from Crafternoon Tea with Granny G fame. Her weekly podcasts are a 'must do' for many knitters & I was thrilled to be part of her show & talk about what's been happening at Skeinz, knitting in NZ & the Knit August Nights retreat in August (see previous post for more information).

My new favourite colour - Barney Purple!

Speaking of which, registrations are getting very close to closing as capacity has almost been reached. I however can still be coerced, & to date the attendance has been very evenly spread for the workshops, which has meant I have been able to provide everyone with first choices. So at this stage it's still not too late, so email me on busckem@clear.net.nz for registration details.

My needles have been flying red hot over the long weekend. Firstly Louis LOVES his Milo, which I have dubbed, Stega-milo-saurus. It's amazing how a fickle four year old can be induced into wearing an item of clothing when you put a dinosaur motif on the front.
Louis sporting his new Stega-Milo-Saurus
I am also knitting two tunic's for little girls birthdays. It is a new pattern I have not tried, Oriental Lily by Georgie Hallum. So far I just love the cleaver construction & the ability to play around with colour. This pattern is available for free & is a must for your pattern library.
Soph's Lily - my latest WIP

Better fly, time for me to Knit in Public!

No comments:

Post a Comment