Monday, November 22, 2010

Hoodwinked


Further to my Super Chunky obsession, I worked in the shop on Friday & to fill time I started fiddling around with a cowl/hood idea. I wanted it to be: a) Simple. b) Take just 1 skein. c) Quick.

hoodwinked is what I have come up with. A big thank you to Mary from Skeinz for modelling it for me, just beautiful!

Hoodwinked
200gm Skeinz Super Chunky (Bud Burst)
15mm Needles, Wool needle to sew up.
Abbreviations: K = Knit, sts = Stitches, Kfb = Knit into the front & the back of the stitch, PM = place marker, SM = slip marker, K2tog = knit 2 stitches together, k2togtbl = Knit 2 stitches together through the back of the loop.

With 15mm needles
Cast on 12 sts
K2 rows

K5 Kfb, PM, Kfb, K5
Knit
Repeat the last two rows until you have 20sts

K to marker, SM, Kfb, K to end
Knit
Repeat last two rows until you have 30 sts

K to marker, sm, k2tog, k to end
Knit
Repeat last two rows until you have 20sts

K until 2 sts before marker k2togtbl, sm, k2tog, k to end
Knit
Repeat last two rows until you have 12 sts

Cast Off leaving a long tail for sewing in.
Sew seams together picking up one loop from one side then the other (like threading a shoe lace) & pull firmly to gather the ends. Weave in loose ends.

Tip: make sure you slip the first stitch of every row, this will then give you a nice neat edge to your hood.

2 comments:

  1. I think this would look really cool in a metal grey. It would look a bit like a chain metal hood, great for re-enactment or dressing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's a thought! The Napier 'Society of the Sacred Sword' is just down the street from me, I think they would love this idea!

    ReplyDelete