Monday, December 6, 2010

Craft Jammin'

The atrium venue at the Hastings Opera House was excellent. I'm such a messy tart, don't look too closley at the Skeinz table with my Christmas knitting all over the place!

The busy season ramped up a notch for me this past weekend. I had the great pleasure along with all our Skeinz Crew to attend the inaugural Fruit Bowl Craft Jam in Hastings. I worked day one & it was manic! Plenty of keen eyed craft lovers were out shopping for Christmas presents with that handmade flavour. The standard of the crafts was of the highest quality, I feel lucky just escaping with a pair of earrings from my favourite jewellery designer Shelley Von Sturm. It would have been very easy to have given the credit card a good flogging!
My new Victorian Dog earrings - LOVE

I talked myself hoarse showing keen DIYers the joys of making your own felted house slippers. I think several pairs will be sprouting up all over Hawkes Bay in the coming weeks. I even managed to work on the two pairs & am doing for Christmas - it's a useful skill being able to knit & blather on all at the same time!

Suzanne being kept busy - she'll kill me as I'm always sneakily snapping her for the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment