Thursday, January 17, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality.

Poppa Ross & Louis getting the Ham prepped

After the rain, wind & misery of last years Christmas break, this year could not be more different.  Sunny skies, soaring temperatures & a Summer that those who live here in Hawkes Bay really do like to skite about (this is me skiting by the way).
Ahh Festive Hams!

Christmas was filled with much  laughter food & wine (plus greatly expanded waist lines) - just exactly as it should be.

The view from our campsite at Waipatiki
I am so glad that after a very social & festive Christmas, Dr. Phil, the boys' & I were able to escape just up the road to Waipatiki Beach to the awesome Waipatiki Beach Farm holiday park for a weeks camping.  It was great to see Louis & Hugo really take flight into the waves & thoroughly embrace the essence of a classic Kiwi Summer. 
Waipatiki Beach - Magic

You know a holiday has just been the ticket when you are feeling refreshed & really looking forward to getting stuck into new projects for 2013.  That all kicked off for me yesterday with the sale of my beloved Gisborne house to a young family wishing to restore the old girl to her former glory, I'm delighted that she has found such lovely guardians.
Hugo's 'Rolling Stone'

I have also had renewed vigour with my knitting having completed boy Louis & Hugo's jumpers for this Winter, I have cast on a cardigan for me (Miss Jane by Georgie Hallum) & am toying with the idea of a creating a design for the Unwind Retreat in March - oh to have that fresh flush of motivation.
Louis 'Copperhead Road'

1 comment:

  1. What a small world - another crafty person was at Waipatiki camp probably the same time as our family and above us by the looks of your view! A great place to unwind and be inspired :)

    ReplyDelete